Sunday, February 16, 2014

MLP Custom: Books/ Library pony


Yesterday I finished my latest custom, baby pony inspired by book/ library / reading.

Originally she was a G1 Baby Surprise, but she had several neon spots, hair loss and small plastic damage, so I decided to give her a new life.

Books have always been close to my heart and currently work at the library, so this theme was pretty obvious.

I started making this pony by destroying a book. Yes. I DESTROYED A BOOK. And it was horrible. Trust me. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. 
I ripped few pages off from Charlaine Harris's Dead Until Dark soft cover, painted the pony white, and then started to glue small pieces of paper on the pony. 
When I had covered the pony, I added slightly glossy sealant. 

Then I added hair (Dolly Hair Black Magick), I actually had to make new holes for hair, because there was already paper covering the previous holes.


Finally I added the small stack of books I made from Fimo, and painted to look more like the real deal:


What I used:
Acrylic paints
Fimo polymer clay
Dolly Hair My Little Pony Nylon Hair - Black Magick
G1 Baby Surprise
Pages of books
Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment